Wednesday 21 April 2010

Cat Cafe Seoul

Well, I must apologise in advance as to the size of this post, but there were just so many fucking beasts in this place, and It's my party and I'll meow if I want to, right?


This was the sign outside that first caught my attention, then I realised we were there - the holy grail.

You have to take off your shoes, and they give you cat themed slippas. This works for me on several levels. (I immediately purchased my own pair)

This is the little 'backstage' room they come out of - The Cat Hotel.


This is the cat menus. You get a little rundown of each fluff (male on one side, female on other) after you get shown to your table, plus a free drink on entry. I had a peach iced tea.


This is the Cat food vending machine where you can buy a multitude of kitty treats.


This is an advisory petting regime.


There were cats everywhere. all sleeping in multilayer cat trees.

It was so rad.

Here follows some cat portraits I made:







I even found a Korean 'Conquistador'.


Although very few people actually sit in their alotted seat (the middle of the floor is just full of young girls rolling around in a cat frenzy).. If you do, a furry friend may visit on their own terms. I did this as I was kind of overwhelmed at first and sat supping my iced tea and prayed for acceptance. After 5 mins or so, this was my first buddy. His name is Jerry, and he's an Abyssinian (sorrel) and was born in June 2008 (I read that on the menu)
Apparently he is "Affection - expression" and "climb the shoulder and bite"
I liked him a great deal.

This was my second friend. Shes called Ho-ya and is a Siamese Seal point and is 'Kindly'
Also a total radster, although couldnt keep still for pics and actually did some shoulder climbing too.

This guy was my personal fave. He looks like a little Lynx.




This is Ho-ya again. Aint she a beauty?

Some people were really greedy and had two to themselves.


They loved the dudes that worked there. No prizes for guessing why.

Overall. Excellent as expected.
I will say that as a concept, Cat Cafe's are great. It's designed for modern young apartment-dwelling urbanites who aren't allowed a fur of their own, although however nice it is to hang out with a hundred cats, it just doesn't equate to coming home to the greeting of you own best friend at the door.

That being said, Pegs and I will be in Tokyo this time next week, and if you thought this post was large, as Bachman Turner Overdrive put it. 'You aint seen nothin yet'.



P.S. These are the fur removers hanging up on the way out.




P.P.S. Video.

CAT!

16 comments:

  1. This is the best post by far....extremely jealous of you jim, you're living the cat dream.

    I couldn't decide which beast i liked the most....aaahhhh i want them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like fluffy cat-cloud heaven.

    One question.....they're all very young and beautiful and strokeable. What happens to them when they get old and scraggly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely amazing post. Mind blown

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happens to them when they get old and scraggly?

    I'm pretty sure they do the same as we do in the West. Get a nice strong hessian bag..a few large rocks and some strong rope, and head down to the Han river after dark.

    Moo ha hah ah a

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy mother of god, this is incredible!!! Very jelous of you Jim, fair play!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had mega goosebumps the whole way through reading that post, incredible! The fluffballs sitting on the chair together look like they're holding tails...

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH mine should feel so happy there...!
    I feel guilty right now, my cat is not spoiled enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. w00t I'm going there on June!
    What are the foods offered? I don't me it's tuna and all those cat foods...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I just came across your blog while googleing cat cafés. Do you know the exact adress of this place? I am in Seoul right now and my Korean language skills are non-existent yet, so I can't really read their website. I really want to go there, it looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I also would like to comment over all the points mentioned in this blog. I agree with essence of few point but somewhere I found myself on other place. I hope, there might little opinion of others as well.
    step-mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own Blog Engine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. best food for outdoor cats

    ReplyDelete
  12. i was analyzing your article and wondered if you had taken into consideration growing an ebook going concerning for this difficulty. Your writing would sell it sudden. you have lots of writing school. best kitten food

    ReplyDelete
  13. we providing you, Online Quran academy in the USA and UK Here You can Learn, Read and Listen to Quran Online with Tajweed for Kids, Women, and Adults. We also have Female Quran Tutors for online Quran Courses that are specially designed for you and your kids. Under the guidance of qualified Quran Tutors, we will provide you step-by-step Quran Learning with the rules of Tajweed and Essential Islamic knowledge for kids and adults. Are you looking for an online Quran tutor for yourself or for your children, let’s learn the Quran with a live Quran tutor in our Quran learning and Recitation at the comfort of your home. 

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. do homework near me

    ReplyDelete


free hit counters